3.25.2013

holiness



I'm going to share a short excerpt from one of my favorite devotional books, Streams in the Desert.  This book has had perfect, timely messages that are so deep. It's a compilation of sermons and books written by real and sincere people that have followed God in times past and present.  I really, really love this book and highly recommend it for those needing daily messages full of depth and wisdom.

"Holiness- as I then wrote down some of my contemplations on it- appeared to me to be sweet, calm, pleasant, charming, serene nature, which brought an inexpressible purity, brightness, peacefulness, ravishment to the soul; in other words, that it made the soul like a field or garden of God, with all manner of pleasant fruits and flowers, all delightful and undisturbed, enjoying a sweet calm and the gentle vivifying beams of the sun." -Jonathan Edwards

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment

  1. Anonymous3:48 AM

    Toԁay, I went to the beach fгοnt with my chilԁren.
    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 yeаr olԁ ԁaughter and said
    "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to heг ear and screamed.

    Theгe wаs а hermit crab іnside and
    it pіnched hег еar. She never wants tо gо back!

    LoL I know this is entirely οff tοpіc but I had
    to tell someone!

    my homepage; Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Kailey Annice. Design by FCD.